Sunday, August 19, 2012


Time Out!


If I could have one more shot at life, one more turn at bat,
I would make my life a Happening, not an
Almost Happened, not a Spectator Sport.

I wouldn’t be content to sit on the sidelines while
The rest of the world played hardball life.
I would pitch and take my turn at bat.
I would break some records.
If I lived before in another lifetime,
I hope I didn’t settle for the sidelines,
I hope I gave it a shot.

I hope I didn’t sit it out and say
‘I coulda been a contenda’
Or look back on yet another lifetime and say,
“If I could have one more shot at life, one more turn at bat . . .

Time out!

It’s the top of the fifth,
The bases are loaded. It’s my turn at bat.
It's my turn to hit a homer,
My turn to take a shot at life,
My turn to break records,
Just because I can . . .
                                                                              ~ Cappy Hall Rearick

No comments:

Post a Comment